In addition to the benefits of living and working in Cyprus by investing in Cyprus and becoming a citizen of Cyprus, a European Union Member State, you also receive the benefit of freedom to travel globally.
Benefits of being a Cypriot citizen
- Cypriot citizens enjoy the freedom to live, work and visit any place in the European Union and Switzerland.
- Cyprus is a member of the European community which emphasises human rights and personal freedom.
- It is possible to become a Cypriot Citizen within a period of 5 months from submitting your application.
- Investors enjoy the benefits, as does the spouse and dependent children up to the age of 28, given that they are studying.
- Your original status is not affected by acquiring the new Cypriot status.
- There is no inheritance tax in Cyprus.
- 169 countries may be visited by Cypriots without the need of obtaining a visa.
- Enable business access to 500 million people within the Continental Region.
Purchase property (multiple or single properties) for a value of Euro 2M +VAT. Of such amount, a residential property purchased for at least Euro 500,000 +VAT must be earmarked and kept as prime residence. The balance of Euro 1.5M + VAT will be invested in other properties which the investor applicant must retain for 5 years. During those 5 years, the investor may let the properties if he/she so wishes. After such time, the said properties (other than the prime residential property) may be sold.
Purchase a single property for Euro 2M +VAT. Must be maintained indefinitely.
- A mandatory donation of € 75,000 to the Foundation for Research and Innovation to promote the creation of an entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem.
- A mandatory donation of € 75,000 to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation, aiming at the contribution to the integrated housing policy, specifically for the purpose of implementing affordable housing projects and the implementation of other housing plans / measures.
- The inclusion of investments in the shipping sector in the eligible investments, on the basis of specific measurable criteria as well as in registered Alternative Investment Funds in the eligible investments,
- The applicant must have a Schengen visa in order to be able to apply for naturalization and a clean criminal record