In addition to the benefits of being able to live and work in Cyprus by investing in Cyprus and becoming a Citizen of Cyprus, a European Union Member State, you also receive the benefit of the freedom to travel globally.
Benefits of being a Cypriot citizen
- Cypriot citizens enjoy the freedom to live, work and visit any country within the European Union and Switzerland.
- Cyprus is a member of the European community which emphasises human rights and personal freedom.
- It is possible to become a Cypriot Citizen within a period of 5 months from submitting your application.
- Investors enjoy the benefits of citizenship, as do the spouses and dependent children up to the age of 28, if they are unmarried and students.
- Parents of both spouses/applicants can join in the application in consideration of a further marginal investment.
- The applicant’s original status is not affected by acquiring the new Cypriot status.
- There is no Inheritance Tax in Cyprus.
- 169 countries may be visited by Cypriots without the need of obtaining a visa.
- Enables business access to 500 million people within the Continental Region.
Purchase property (multiple or single properties) for a value of Euro 2M +VAT. Of such amount, a residential property purchased for at least Euro 500,000 +VAT must be earmarked and kept as prime residence. The balance of Euro 1.5M + VAT will be invested in other properties which the investor applicant must retain for 5 years. During those 5 years, the investor may let the properties if he/she so wishes. After such time, the said properties (other than the prime residential property) may be sold.
Purchase a single property for Euro 2M +VAT. Must be maintained indefinitely.
- Purchase a single property for Euro 2M +VAT. Must be maintained indefinitely.
- A mandatory donation of a total of€ 200,000. of which €100,000 to the the Cyprus Land Development Corporation. and € 100,000 to one of the following: the Research and Innovation Foundation, the Industry and Technology Service or to the National Solidarity Fund or to the Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Conservation Fund.
- The inclusion of investments in the shipping sector in the eligible investments, on the basis of specific measurable criteria as well as in registered Alternative Investment Funds in the eligible investments,
- The applicant must have a Schengen visa in order to be able to apply for naturalization and a clean criminal record